Wednesday, May 7, 2008

What Streaming Video on News Sites is Telling You

The quality of video streaming on the web is improving on a weekly basis. Watching the election results last night was almost like watching live TV. A few glitches and halts, but on the whole I turned the TV off, yet I felt like I was watching it on my computer. I bounced around between various network newscasts and found that it was easy to watch the election highlights on the net. This morning I watched highlights of Tim Russert's appearance on TODAY (they are getting better at the cross promotion stuff) and then listened to a series of stories about the flooding in Myamar/Burma.


What all of this tells us is that the newscast format is alive and well on the web, and that there is no reason that it cannot be applied to numerous storytelling applications for clients. A newscast (or some version of it) doesn’t have to cost a lot, and it can stay on top of the changing communications and marketing needs of clients. No pun intended, but this is a communications tsunami looming, and the sooner clients get on board, the more ahead of the curve they will find themselves.

No comments: